Tuesday, November 3, 2009

On people who don't realize what toll lane they belong to

I refuse to believe that people in New Jersey don't know how to choose a toll lane. That is why I think the car that went across 4 lanes from the left-most E-Z Pass to the next cash lane must have been a car thief from out of state. For shame! That huge ugly brown Ford Expedition did nothing special to be picked out from the other cars!

Honestly, now. If you live here, you need to know where your toll lanes are. The left lanes are designated as E-Z PASS. It means you don't need to have tokens or count change or interact with people and stop completely to pay your toll. It's been like that since before I could drive. Did you forget? Oh, I guess you didn't see the big "E-Z PASS ONLY" painted on the road below you. You must have been going too fast to see.

While we're at it, why don't we also address the guys who are in the left lane for the E-Z Pass Express lane and then cut off people to get into a regular toll lane on the right side? For those who have never experienced E-Z Pass Express, I give my condolences. It's spoiled me. Being able pay my toll at 70 mph feels wonderful. You, man-who-doesn't-realize-what-lane-he-belongs-to, should not be able to dampen my gladness by scaring the crap out of me and the poor grandmother in the right lane by cutting off both of us as you rumble across the white-striped part of the road to pay your toll the old-fashioned way. Guess what? All your speeding to get wherever means nothing when you have to stop to pay your toll.

And then I speed off smugly. I'm such a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment