Thursday, January 21, 2010

Trucks are my friend until they are unfriendly

A lot of people are afraid of trucks. They're big, tall, and have huge blind spots, and that makes them scary!

But me? I like trucks. I especially like the ones that drive a constant 75 mph so that I can draft behind it regardless of how low I am on gas. If they aren't going 75, then it usually isn't too much of a hassle to pass them. Even if I'm sandwiched with a truck behind and a truck in front of me, I'm okay. Sandwiched between trucks from the left and right? A little uneasy, but nothing to cry about.

Unfortunately, I had a thought the other day. What if you were between two trucks (left/right) and you suddenly heard rumble strips from both sides? Terrifying.

Why?

Because the trucks have to compensate so that they are not so rumbly. Where do trucks go if they are rumbly? Oh right, they squeeze into the inside of the lane. (That's where you are remember?) It's like having walls close in on you. I have the Star Wars garbage compactor scene playing out in my head.

"One thing's for sure--after this we're all going to be a lot thinner."

My imagination gets the best of me sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment