Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fog lights

I'm not sure when it became so popular for people to turn on their fog lights all the time. I'm under the assumption that the mentality is something like this:

Car Salesman: HEY! Would you like to add fog lights to your car for an additional $300???!
You: $300 for two extra light bulbs? WTF? Oh but maybe If I add them to my car, people will see I spent money on this feature and will think I therefore have money!
Car Salesman: YES! You are rich with fog lights!

Perhaps the situation doesn't play out like that, but I'm pretty sure some people put their fog lights on just to show off. I'm not talking about when it's actually foggy and might serve some purpose. I'm talking about normal night driving on a normally lit road when there is absolutely no need to add fog lights to your regular head lights.

Besides, I can't be the only one that thinks when a fog light is out that the car looks like this

Seriously, it looks like one of its front teeth are missing. Let's stop this fog light trend.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might be mistaken... Some new cars these day make regular headlights that actually look like they're fog lights because they're more of a blue than older lights but their actual fog lights are much brighter... so i don't think that all those people are being douches it's just that the car itself has obnoxiously bright head lights... just a note... :)

    ReplyDelete