Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Today's story

Today, I was driving down to school on the parkway to sign the lease before work. I get to around exit 159 and I see a cop ahead with its lights flashing. "No big deal," I thought, "it's already way up ahead so I should still be able to drive my current speed."

No deal.

All the cars slowed down as the cop started to swerve back and forth slowly between all lanes of traffic--some sort of sign that we should stay behind it, perhaps? Then I started to notice that there were Parkway trucks blocking on-ramps to the highway. Uh oh, why do I have a terrible feeling about this?

And then finally, traffic comes to a not-so-screeching halt. And a huge tractor goes and does something in the road. We were seriously just sitting there in the middle of the road for a good 10 minutes. North-bound drivers were probably driving past laughing, "Lawlz, those noobs."

You would think they would have been able to come up with a better solution than to block all moving traffic in the middle of the day.

So I decided not to go sign the lease today just in case it was some ridiculous sign from God/it would have made me late to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment