Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Is it too late to 'pologize?

Hello hello. Again.

Sorry for the extended leave. December was a time for me to become a complete shut-in and study--even if it didn't actually help in the end. I've learned my lesson. Blog first, study later.

And then there was a big break where I didn't really drive a whole lot. Not that it suddenly means I cease to encounter bad drivers. Oh goodness, the holidays are the worst for driving. I swear, it's the crazies that come out around Christmas. I don't know if it's because people have lost all judgement from shopping for hours, or maybe it's that they don't know how to handle increased traffic volumes, or maybe it's that they're not from the area and not "aware" of the "standard" traffic rules. I suppose it would be a mix of all three.

But. This entry is not about holiday crazies.

This entry is about my living situation. You see, for this past semester, I have been living with my parents, which provides a wonderful commute from home to school/work for a total of 2 1/2 hours of driving a day (approximately). Regardless of how often you do it, it gets tiring. You are completely zapped of energy that you need to do other things in your life.

So, I'm moving. (Closer to campus. Like literally, behind campus housing, but in a hey-I'm-a-real-person-type condo.)

Does this mean I will stop having entries? Probably not. I will try to use a bicycle as a primary source of transportation while there, which will without a doubt, bring about some interesting stories. And I will still drive at least once a week up to my parents' house, for those looking for my fun driving rants.

And with that, I think I've wasted enough time today spouting off about how awesome I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment