Tuesday, June 8, 2010

HAH! Brain cells work!

Okay okay! I remember why event(s) #2 from the last post stuck out in my head!

It's because they weren't people driving.  And it was actually two separate events.  I was reminded of both when similar things happened to me again today.

2a - Kids walking along the side of the highway
Dudes. This isn't the middle of nowhere.  This is Jersey.  On a Friday at noon.  1: Why aren't you in school? 2: WHY ARE YOU WALKING ON THE HIGHWAY?  You know how there are signs that say Pedestrians, bicycles, and horses prohibited on highway?  Guess which one you are.  Oh wait, you're not in school, maybe you shouldn't guess.

2b - Motor scooters tailgating you
This was awesome.  I was driving on a highway, and suddenly, I see a Vespa.  Said Vespa was moving a good 60 mph along with me until I took my exit.  I had no idea they could move that fast.  I wanted to wave at it.


For the record, I had to look up the difference between mopeds and motor scooters to write this, as I like to be as accurate as possible.  In the US, anything above 50 cc is considered a motor scooter even if it is not what you would traditionally call a motor scooter.   The converse is not necessarily true, as the definition of a moped is just anything motorized with pedals.

The more you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment