Tuesday, August 24, 2010

i almost died

merging onto route 17.

For those unaware, rt 17 has a 50 mph speed limit because people can pretty much enter and exit right into parking lots.  Normally, I don't like going too fast on the road for this very reason, i.e., i don't want to rear end someone trying to enter the road from a stop.

When I was entering the on ramp, I was already going 40 mph.  Instead of maintaining speed, the 18 wheeler driving behind and to the left, sped up.  At pretty much the same rate I was speeding up.

Thanks, truck, for thinking my car couldn't reach 55 within the next 6 seconds.  Thanks, truck, for actually reaching just above 70 in the right lane before moving over to the left.  I know this because that's how fast I had to reach to make sure you didn't run me over.  I know this because I was absolutely gunning my car to get in front of you because I thought you were driving a reasonable speed on a 2-lane highway.

Truck, you had to slow down and move over to the right anyway to merge over to rt 4. Truck, you weren't even heading to east to New York.

Thanks for helping me test the limits of my car, jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment