Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Are mentally handicapped people allowed to drive?

This is the serious question that went through my mind as I drove today. They had a handicapped license plate, but I'm pretty sure even physically handicapped people can see where the entrance to a very large strip mall is instead of almost stopping 6 times before turning at the actual light they wanted.

My second annoyance stems from driving in the same area too often. You start to figure out how long the lights take to change. In one such set, I know that as soon as the first light turns green I must accelerate to the speed limit as quickly as possible to make it to the next light to turn left before it turns red. I was a little peeved that today the car in front of me got to go straight through the second light while I got stuck with my stupid blinker on.

Lastly, I encountered a third slow driver, going well below the speed limit on a good long stretch of road on the final part of the drive home. I think this was God trying to punish me for being so angry today, even though I had just come from an Ash Wednesday service where I was supposed to repent all my sins.

...Oops. Maybe more praying is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment