Friday, February 26, 2010

And here I was ready to call the storm a bust

The whole week, people were going mad over this impending snowdoom coming this weekend. Today comes and for the most part it's wet fluffy crap that turned to gross slush on the road. By the time I get out of work at 7:30, finer powder is coming down and blowing around. I figured if it kept going at this pace, it might end up being a dangerous storm after all.

Against my better sense of judgment, I decided to go to a friend's apartment to watch Kim Yuna kick some Olympic butt. By the time I left, it was well past midnight.

Yes, I drove anyway.

I believe my immediate reaction once clearing my snow from ice was, "Oh, was there supposed to be a road here?"

Oh well.

It was actually sort of exhilarating. I felt like I was transported back 100 years and was in a (much warmer) horse and buggy faring the snow-covered dirt paths. For all I knew, I was actually driving on the grass next to the actual road.

Today I did a pretty good job staying home and getting stuff done for most of the day except for actually having to go to work (geometry waits for no one!). I think I can do a better job of staying home tomorrow. Less ice skating to watch too. :)

Oh, and as a last note: 4WD makes a much larger difference in driving than non-4WDers will admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment